CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cannstatter Volksfest is so much fun!

We went this evening to the fest and had so much fun! Volksfest is equivalent to Munich's Oktoberfest. People come from all around the world to see the festivities. We are heading back this weekend for more and can't wait to enjoy the adult rides with friends. It was hard to experience everything when it was just Brad and I because neither of us wanted to go on the rides by ourselves. Can't wait!
Here are the "tents." Everyone kept talking about these temporary tents made just for the fest. I didn't realize they were THIS big. I had a teepee in my mind!
Here is what the insides look like. Strangers come to socialize and leave as friends!
Rides!
So many Germans were walking around in their lederhosen, the traditional German clothing made for hard work!
So proud of Brad. He shot 7 out of 7! I didn't realize how good with guns he was, but I guess that's just part of being a Marine!
Giant slide! Miles loved it!

2 comments:

The Letteer Family said...

So fun!!!

Unknown said...

I feel like you are at Busch Gardens in these pics :) But then I remember you are at the real Germany!
Okay- I was thinking about the soup and the ranch mix. I think you can def. go without it. But here are the seasonings in the mix if you wanted to add some or all in the soup:
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 Tablespoons onion flakes
2 teaspoons pepper
2 teaspoons sugar
2 and 1/2 teaspoons paprika
2 and 1/2 teaspoons parsley flakes