CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update

Not a lot has been going on this week. We finally moved out of our hotel into "temporary housing" which is located on one of the bases. Unfortunately, we have no phone, internet or cable here so I am fighting a major case of boredom-itous.

There happens to be a neighbor around here who has unlocked wireless internet so we are "borrowing" it until ours gets hooked up in about a week.  That being the case, we only have 1 little bar and it only works on a good day. Today is a very good day.

No car yet either so we are still walking to anything that is within walking distance. Boy, have we got some calves now! I don't think I mind though. I think the forced exercise starts to grow on you after a while, especially when you look in the mirror and admire your new calves.

Brad is taking his European drivers license tomorrow and I am waiting to see how it went before I even try to take mine. He is my guinea pig. I wish I could show you some of the road signs here. They look like Dr. Suess characters. One sign has a picture of a police man who appears to be beating small children. It's hilarious. 

We've officially been here 3 weeks today. It feels like 3 months! With no car, no home, and way too much Subway sandwiches the days drraaag by. We are hoping to venture somewhere this weekend. We shall see though, we shall see.

Some more things I have noticed about Germany? There are little old ladies on bikes everywhere! When you hear the "ding" behind you,  you know to dodge to the side quick and sure enough LOL (lil' ol' lady) goes flying by. 
What else? Some how, some way EVERYBODY knows we are an American. I just can't figure out how they know. Infact, I'm starting to get mad they possess this intelligence. Whenever we make room or hold a door open, we always hear a heavily accented "sank you!". How do they know? I told Brad he needs to start wearing the men's caprees or sandals with socks to fit in. Maybe then we'll get a 'danke".

That's about it for now. More updates and pics to come!

0 comments: