CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Heidelberg Holiday Bazaar

Today was a great day! We got to eat a REAL American restaurant! You couldn't have seen 2 happier people. Our drinks came with ice and unlimited refills and the cokes didn't taste like liquorish! The best part was having an English menu with an American waiter! I think Brad ordered a chicken wrap with fries and I had fajitas! So yummy! It was so worth the drive. We are thinking of making this a bi-monthly tradition. 

Anyhoo, we were originally brought to Heidelberg to shop the annual Holiday Bazaar. The Germans bring in all kinds of crafts, cheeses and wines to sell. We were tempted to splurge but are holding out for the Stuttgart Christmas market which is supposedly one of the finest markets in Germany! Only 3 weeks til opening day. 

Somebody is excited to get out of the car after the long drive!




Poor Miles was cut out of the picture.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This is very bittersweet for me. I've loved reading your blog (I found you from Kathleen's blog) and looking at your pictures. It brings back a lot of memories from my 8 years in Germany as an Army brat. My very best years (6th-9th grade) were spent in Heidelberg, and seeing pictures of the Bazaar makes me want to cry a little! You and your family are so blessed to have this time in Germany. Keep taking it in, and keep posting pictures! :) Oh, and the Nurnberg Christmas Market was always my absolute favorite. -Christina