CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 28, 2008

First Blog


Thanks to my savvy sister-in-law, I thought I'd give this whole blogging thing a try. She is always so good about keeping everyone updated and makes you feel as if you are right there with the family. If I can be half of that then I guess I'm on the right track! However, I am a horrible typist, speller, and grammerist (is that even a word? - see what I mean?). So, if you can see past all that then I will do my best!


I guess I should start with what's been going on this past year. Brad deployed to Iraq in early summer and was able to come home 6 weeks early. While he was gone our son Miles was born and what a blessing he is! I really can't believe he is almost 4 months old! (Feb 9th). I had been living with my parents and recently just moved back to Camp Pendleton, CA on Christmas day. That was a fun flight! 2 cats, a baby, and 8 bags makes for an interesting trip! But, we made it and here we are. We are adjusting to being our own family again and it's been wonderful.


We aren't here for long though! We have orders to Stuttgart, Germany for this July. How we talked ourselves into this one, I don't know. But, it's an opportunity of a lifetime and we had to jump on it. We will definitely miss the States, family, and friends but I suspect we will have some visitors! :)


As of now, Brad is working long days until his unit gets back. After that, it will be pretty slow and make for a relaxed summer until his unit gears up to deploy again in October (he won't be tagging along for that one-thank goodness!). As for me I am a stay-at-home-mom and watching Miles change and grow everyday. It's the most rewarding job yet!
Feel free to add to your favorites! This blogging thing is kinda fun!


2 comments:

Hyatt & Jeanne Baker said...

Hey Katie,
Good for you! Great way to communicate with those who love you and with whom you love! Be sure to keep us up to date with pix of Baby Miles!
I waved at you early this AM as I was cruzin' down Inters 5 amid the rainstorm from Del Mar to Oceanside to take care of the Little Hartmans for the morning.
Love to get together with you when I am down there sometime. Lucia was able to go to "12 different places" ! She said.... I was "in and out" just like that (without the little ones... you can really "make hay while the sun shines!"

Love,
Aunt Jeanne

Rachel Baker said...

Good for you! Love the layout & I think your typing is fine. Hope you are getting some sleep. Let me know how that is going.

Rachel